Please note, SPL is a licensed list that allows you to send email via EMA system using the email aliases. EMA is the sender of the emails and as a sender has the explicit consent from the families to do so. Thus, those prohibitions do not fully apply to the SPL.
Here are the key points to keep in mind to import a list into the a marketing platform:
- Upload smaller batches of contacts (preferably under 500 at a time) from the SPL into the email marketing system to prevent any system flagging or other issues.
- Upload minimal data columns from the SPL CSV (i.e., some schools will only upload the email alias addresses and student first name).
- Use SPL filter feature before downloading names to filter the list in advance and make uploading easier.
- If you have never used the email marketing services before, we recommend registering for one of the free trials.
- Do not reach out to the email marketing systems in advance to ask permission to use SPL in their system. If you have to please do not refer to the SPL as a purchased list—it is a Licensed List.