Here are a few of the most important guidelines for effective communication:
- Pull a new list before each communication to ensure you are excluding families who choose to opt-out through EMA's system. Parents of students may opt-in and opt-out of the service at any time during the year. Ensure you are sending your email communications to an engaged audience!
- Remind parents how you got their information. Parents receive a lot of emails and information from various channels. Add a copy on the footer of the email, “You are receiving this email as you recently created a student account on portal.ssat.org."
- Focus on smaller groups within the list. Target families that may be most familiar with your school by filtering on location, or narrow in by student’s interests and profile. This will start a history of emails that are likely to be opened rather than sent to Spam. Parents love personalized emails.
- Unsubscribe Option: Your message must include a clear and conspicuous explanation of how the recipient can opt out of getting email from you in the future. Craft the notice in a way that is easy for an ordinary person to recognize, read, and understand. Creative use of type size, color, and location can improve clarity.
- There is also a great article on our website entitled "10 Tips for Effective Family Communications," which will provide more recommendations and best practices.
Request more information: https://www.enrollment.org/products/spl#join